Wednesday 9 May 2012

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it superman? .... NO... It’s my mother!

     When I take the time to think about the person that inspires me the most my mother comes to mind first. My mom is an amazing woman and I am so thankful for what she has done for me in life. Her story is an amazing one and not every person faced with the situation would be able to do so good.
     When my mom was only 18 years old she met my “biological father”.  They got pregnant with my older brother at this young age, and did the responsible thing and got married. 2 years later they had me, her favourite child. Shortly after another year and a half came my baby sister. My mom was 23 years old with hands full with 3 small children.
     When my little sister was barely a year old, due to circumstances I would rather keep personal, my mom and biological father broke up. My mom became a 23 year old single mom with 3 children to take care of. Although my mother had a lot of support from her family, it was up to her to raise her 3 kids.
     My mother worked 3 jobs while she put herself through college to be a dental assistant. The magic part about it was even though she worked all these jobs and did school, I had an amazing child hood and my mother was always therefore me. Even working 3 jobs my mother spent lots of time with me and my siblings. She was like wonder woman.
     It amazes me how strong of a women my mother was to be so young and do so much for her kids with no help from my biological father. She is an amazing woman in my eyes.  When I was  4 my mother met what I consider my real father. He was an amazing father figure for me and after 10 years of dating and 3 proposals they got married.
     My mom was faced with a lot in her life and always kept a smile on her face. She inspires me to want to do my best at everything because she made a great life for our family.
It’s not a bird, a plane or superman, my mom is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment