Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Joy of LIfe

I have always heard people saying that children are the joy and reward of life. Ever since I crossed the line from childhood into my teen years I have loved to be around kids and play with them.  I have little cousins that I love to play things with, like hockey, and they enjoy hanging out with me just as much as I like them. I never thought I would really understand how children are the joy of life until I had my own. Then 4 years ago my brother had my first nephew, and I now have 2 nephews and 1 niece. Being an uncle has opened up my love for kids further, and I am confident I will make an amazing father when the time comes.
Being an uncle has really changed my life and taught me responsibility. I have been faced with the challenge of helping to raise theses 3 kids, as they are a huge part of my life.  I not only get to play with them but I get to teach them. I love to teach my nephew about hockey and get him to like my teams. It is fun to have kids look up to me. I also get to teach them what is right and wrong in the world, and am forced to discipline them if they have been bad. I have watched my oldest nephew grow from a baby into a little boy, and have enjoyed the journey very much.
When my first nephew and niece were born I was not as keen on babies. I did not really like to hold them, feed them or change them. As I am older now and have grown up I have also seen my newest nephew change this in me. He is 2 months old, and I really enjoy holding him and playing with him, although I still won’t change him, my own kids might be a different story.
Having nephews and nieces has really made me see that kids really are the joy in life. I love to be around kids, and I am a kid at heart. At family gatherings I am always the one the kids want to play with. Having these little people in my life has really helped me to grow up. Not saying I am in a rush to start a family, but when the day comes, I am sure I’ll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment