Wednesday 9 May 2012

A New Chapter

     Growing up is not an option, but is something required of us in life.  When I was a kid I always told my mom that I would live with her forever and I believed it to. When I was a kid I didn’t dream of growing up, I believed I could be a kid forever. As much as I still consider me to be a big kid, there comes a time when we all have to grow up and move out.
     My time has come for this to happen, and I have a wide mix of emotions I am feeling about moving out on my own. I am very excited to have the privacy and freedom to do what I want. If I have a day off no one will be telling me to do things, I can play hockey, or watch TV all day. There will be relaxing times and also stressful time. Moving out is a big responsibility. I realise I have to keep working hard, and manage my money to pay bills. This is the part of moving out that is stressful.
     I am happy about having my own place. I can decorate it how I want, and I can run my household how I wish, not with people telling me how. I am also happy that I will be in the same apartment as my brother because we are good friends. It will be nice to have him close, but there will still be privacy.  This will also mean I can see my nephew and niece any day I want because they are a big part of my life.
     Even if I am scared of growing up and being an adult with responsibility, the challenge is thrilling. There comes a point in life when you just have to jump into things you might not feel ready for, and see how they turn out. As for this new chapter of my life I can honestly say I am excited and cannot wait till the end of the month for the big move.

No comments:

Post a Comment